Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chicken tortilla soup

It has been a little while and I'm sorry for the lack of pictures but my camera is dead and I can't find the charger. Anyway, last week it was really cold and I wanted soup so I looked up a chicken tortilla soup recipe and altered it because I have a problem following recipes! So here is what I used:
4 Chicken breasts
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans chicken stock
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 med onion
1 1/2 tbsp garlic
1 can black beans
1 can corn
salt and pepper to taste

sautée onion and garlic, add stock, broth, tomatoes and chicken. Cook until boiling and let chicken cook for about 15-20 minutes, take out and shred. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low to med for 45 min. Top with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm sounds good! I think I'll give it a try!!!! We are supposed to get some kind of winter weather so I think soup would be good!!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you're feeling good!
    Blessings,
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup recipe sounds so good!

    I hope to get that pink bike for Valentine's Day! I want a big white basket on the front too. :)

    Love you! Keep warm over there in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina! I was trying to reply to the comment you left on my blog but couldn't find an email hooked up. So I hopped over here and found one of my favorite recipes! I love it! But, I hear ya with the chore charts! My daughter actually suggested yesterday that I put a checklist on the back of her door so she can make sure to keep it clean. She quickly followed it up with, "but then I'd probably just keep the door open so I'd never have to look at the list, though'!! I'm not sure what would work with her! Good luck to you, though!

    ReplyDelete