Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crock pot mexican chicken

I really don't know what to call this meal aside from yummy! This is not a new meal (we will be doing that tomorrow night) but this one is too good to keep to myself. Take frozen chicken and a jar or 2 of salsa(depending on how much chicken you use or how much salsa you and your family like). I then add some water (about a cup and a half - sorry I don't really measure) and a package of Mexican rice ( used to be Lipton's now it is called Knorr). I put it in the crock pot for about 8 hours.
About 10 -15 min before dinner I add a can of corn to the crock pot. Shred the chicken with a fork ( not hard - it is so tender by now) Put the mixture on a tortilla, add cheese, sour cream, etc and there you go - easy, yummy ,dinner ! (use mild salsa if your kids don't like spicy things) I will add a picture once it is done tonight. Tomorrow we will be making "Homemade" pizza pockets! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....sounds good!!! I'll have to try that one! ANY Mexican recipe is good to me!! :) Have a great night!!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! I look forward to following this! I am trying to learn to cook more...so this will definitely help!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete